- The General tab houses the company and payroll administrator's information. If the administrator changes, this data needs to be updated so TRAXPayroll's team knows who to contact.
- Menu: Company>General
- Enter the legal company name on file with the Internal Revenue Service.
- If a trade name is used, enter it in the Doing Business As (DBA) field.
- The Employer Identification Number (EIN) must match exactly what the Internal Revenue Service assigned to your company.
- The effective date is automatically populated with the date you entered your information into TRAXPayroll.
- Enter the person who should be contacted by TRAXPayroll's team with payroll related issues.
- If the main contact person changes, be sure to update this information.
- Company and Employee addresses are validated with the United States Postal Service (USPS) database.
- Addresses are associated with location codes that are used to determine the appropriate payroll taxes.
- A message may come up when entering an address that it is invalid. Often a suggested address is given that is recognized by the USPS. If no suggested address is listed, contact us for assistance.
- Allow Employee Email turns on emailing of employees on pay day. If the employee is marked to receive emails and has a valid email address in TRAXPayroll, they will be emailed on pay day to login and view their pay stub.
- Allow Unapproved Timecard Email sends managers an email reminder that they have not approved their employees' time for the payroll period.
- Require Secret Question: When this is activated, employees must set up secret questions around their login. If they forget their username or password, they will be prompted with their secret questions.