Payroll Center - Deduction/Garnishment Correction
- One-time adjustments can be entered during payroll to correct employee deductions and garnishments.
- Adjustments to deductions will correct the YTD amount taken and adjust the taxes accordingly.
- Menu: Payroll Center>Step 2>Edit
- Override Amounts will be taken in the payroll run instead of the usual deduction amount.
- Enter the amount to be adjusted that includes the current payroll deduction.
- If a deduction has been over-collected, enter a negative amount in the Override Amount field.
That will reduce the YTD amount taken and correct the taxes if needed. The remaining amount will go into the employee's net pay.
- Collectible deductions such as garnishments are not allowed to be reversed.
- Click the Save button.