Employee Demographic - Edit
- Employee demographic records include Branch, Class, Department, and Division.
- Only one active demographic record is allowed on each employee.
- The options available are based on the Company/Demographic records entered.
- Class is also used for the Affordable Care Act (ACA) to determine eligibility for health care reporting.
- Menu: Employee>Demographic
- Click the Action button next to the record to make changes.
- Select the applicable item from the list.
- The 'Add New/End Existing' option will create a new record and end the existing record one day prior to the effective date of the new record.
- For the 'Make change' option, update the data and click the Save button.
- The 'Void' option will enter an End Date on the record one day prior to the Start Date.
- If a demographic record was added in error and has not been used in payroll, it may be removed completely.
- For the Make Change option:
- Update the necessary information.
- If the Demographic record change relates to benefit eligibility, add a new Demographic record with a new Start Date. Once saved, the prior Demographic record will be ended automatically.
- Click the Save button.