- The General tab includes basic information about the employee.
- Menu: Employee/General
- Asterisks designate required fields.
- Admins can send an email with a link for the employee to reset their password.
- If they are having trouble receiving emails, send them a test email.
- The Terminate Plans button is used when companies are using TRAXBenefits.
- This will put an end date on all the employee's plans based on the termination date entered.
- 'Allow Login' controls whether or not the employee can log in to TRAXPayroll's web site.
- 'Include in Payroll' determines if the employee will be included in payroll runs.
- Terminated employees who are marked to be included will show up in the run with a term date next to their name.
- All employees are assigned to Pay Groups. Pay Groups set the pay schedule: semi-monthly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc.
- Employee Tax Type designates the type of employee as: Standard, 2% Shareholder or 1099. Taxes are calculated accordingly based on this.
- Worker Comp rates can be entered at the company level and assigned to employees for estimating premiums.
- If a Review Date is entered, the employee will be listed on the Home page 30 days prior to that date as a reminder.
- Payroll administrators can view the employee's user name to assist them with logging into TRAXPayroll.
- The username defaults to the employee's last name and last four digits of their Social Security Number.
- Addresses in TRAXPayroll are verified with USPS.
- If there is an error when adding an address, a suggested address may be listed.
- Enter the suggested address for the employee as it is based on USPS's database and will be accepted by TRAXPayroll.
- The location code is derived from the employee's address.
- Location codes are used to determine the applicable taxes.
- Work schedules, managers and login roles are set in the Time Sheet section.
- Send Welcome Email will send the employee their login information for Time Sheet early the next day.
- Check the box to Allow Timesheet Entry if employees key in their time instead of punching in and out.
- The Auto Fill option will populate the hours based on the work schedule.
- Check the box for unapproved reminder to email managers to approve hours on their employees prior to the period end.
- Custom Fields can be used for reporting.
- The person who created the record and who updated it most recently will be shown in the User Details section.
- COBRA information is populated if using TRAXBenefits enrollment system.
- Date changes are listed in the Employee Change Log section. They can be updated or removed as needed.