Employee Hour Benefits
- Hour Benefits are used for paying and tracking hours worked and time off.
- Accruals can be set up each pay period and capped at specified maximums.
- Hour benefits can be shown on employees' pay stubs.
- TRAXPayroll's Time Off Approval system allows employees to put in requests for time off for managers to approve or deny.
- They must be added at the Company level before they can be entered on employees.
- Reports are available by Pay Cycle and Date Range of hour benefits accrued and used.
- Menu: Employee>Select Employee>Hour Benefits
- Hour Benefits entered at the Company level will be listed.
- Each Hour Benefit will show whether it is active or not.
Hour Benefits Without Balance
- Hour benefits that are set to not show balances do not have Available Balances listed.
Activate Hour Benefit
- Click the Action button next to the disabled Hour Benefit.
- If a template exists in the Company tab, the Hour Benefit can be activated using the template.
- A single benefit record can be added if no template is used.
- The Non-Company Template option will add benefit records based on the company template, but the records are not associated to it. If a change is made to the company template, it will not be reflected on the employee records.
- If no template has been created at the company level, the benefit can just be turned on.
- Select the date option you want.
- For accrual type benefits, additional information is needed.
- Enter the Annual Benefit in hours, if any. This is the number of hours earned per year.
- Hour Earned Type can be set to Pay Cycle or Hours Worked.
- Enter the accrual in hours.
- If hours are earned per hour worked, Overtime and Other (Double Time) hours can be included towards the accrual.
- The Maximum Balance to Accrue is the number of hours that should not be exceeded. This number crosses years and is the maximum number of hours the employee can receive.
- Accrues and Caps Annually means the accrual starts over each year, so the Maximum Balance to Accrue can be exceeded if the box is checked.