Company Tax - Add
- State tax records are needed when companies hire employees.
- If the tax record has not been added prior to running payroll, it will be added during the payroll process.
- Menu: Company>Tax
- Click the Add Tax button.
- Select the applicable Start Date from the drop-down list.
- Select the tax type from the drop-down list.
- Enter the account number assigned by the state. If you don't have one yet, check the 'Waiting for Tax ID' box. This will insert 'Applied For' in the Tax ID field automatically.
- Enter the tax rate. Rates are related to unemployment taxes.
- A 'New Employer' tax rate is entered for unemployment tax until a rate is assigned. Use this link to find the New Employer tax rate, and select the appropriate state.
- Click the Save button.