Payroll Center Run Payroll - Step 2
- Step 2 of the Payroll Center is where extra pay is entered and one-time overrides are done.
- Global updates are available in Step 2 to make changes to the entire payroll run such as overriding federal withholding elections to a flat percentage for bonus pay outs.
- Deductions and hour benefit accruals can be suppressed.
- Additional pay checks can be added for employees.
Payroll Center - Step 2
- To add extra pay types to an employee, enter the amount in the Extra pay -1 field and select the pay type from the drop down list.
- Negative wages can be entered to correct incorrect pay types as long as the overall net pay is zero or more.
- Click the 'Save Changes' button.
- Up to three extra pay records can be added per employee by clicking the Edit link.
- One-time changes are made using the Edit link to update individual withholding elections, tax frequency, deductions, etc. This affects the current payroll only.
- Additional checks can be added for employees. They are separate pay checks, so they can be taxed differently if needed.
- A report of additional pay entries is available for review.
- Once you've entered additional pay and have made any necessary changes, click the 'Calculate Payroll' button to be taken to Step 3.